SLIP SAFE SUPREME
360° Breakaway System for Mid-size Sign Supports.
Mid-size sign installation no longer requires digging holes, setting posts, pouring concrete, cranes and a future trip to the job site to complete the job. The cost-effective SLIP-SAFE SUPREME can be installed – or reinstalled – in less than a day. Its base post is a direct-drive unit (composed of two RIB-BAKs bolted together) that doesn’t require concrete support in strong soil conditions. And SLIP-SAFE SUPREME exceeds crash impact standards by more than 200 percent.
System features include:
- Base and top posts are composed of two RIB-BAKs bolted together.
- Specially designed castings are bolted to the top and bottom posts.
- These assemblies are bolted together with U-washers, with a keeper plate in between.
- All assembly uses basic hand or power tools.
- Installation costs dramatically lower than conventional mid-size sign posts.
- In most cases, the entire system is reusable after it’s hit, including the base post, attachment hardware, casting and top post. Stub repair is usually unnecessary.
- SLIP-SAFE SUPREME offers exceptional driver safety because it exceeds crash impact standards by more than 200 percent.
- NCHRP criteria for occupant impact velocity have established a maximum of five meters per second, with three meters per second preferred. In field tests, the SLIP-SAFE cut the preferred occupant impact velocity in half.