NU-CABLE Low Tension Barrier System
The NU-CABLE Low-Tension Cable Barrier System is applicable for guide rail applications where deflection needs are 12 ft. or greater. Three 3 x 7 steel cables are supported by strong (up to 100 KSI yield strength) yet economical 4 lb. Nucor Steel Marion RIB-BAK U-channel posts. The system offers a unique combination of TL-3 crash-test proven protection and visual appeal.
System features include:
- Easy to maintain and repair – lower installation costs are augmented by continuing savings.
- Utilizes strong (up to 100 KSI yield strength) yet economical 4-lb. Nucor Marion Steel RIB-BAK U-channel breakaway steel posts (as an alternative to the S3 x 5.7 x 5′ – 3″).
- Posts are galvanized for long life.
- The Nucor 4 lb. RIB-BAK post is an accepted alternate post for the commonly used generic low tension systems on the roadway today.
- Cables and posts attached with standard J-bolt connection hardware.
- Anchored at both ends into FHWA approved Cable Release Posts.
- Visually appealing see-through system allows for better driver visibility and snow pass through.
- Can be repaired after being hit in as quickly as 30 minutes.
- The Modified RIB-BAK Low-Tension System utilizes the Nucor locking hook bolts as well as the 4 lb. RIB-BAK U-Channel post. This system allows for deflections less than 12 feet.
|NU-CABLE Low-Tension||NU-CABLE Modified Low-Tension|
|RIB-BAK U-Channel||4 lb./ft. Nucor Grade SP-80||4 lb./ft. Nucor Grade SP-80|
|Deflections||12’||Less than 12’|
|Number of Cables||3||3|
|NCHRP 350 Tested||TL-3 Compliant||TL-4 Compliant|
|Connection Hardware||Standard J-bolts||Locking Hook Bolts|
Locking Hook Bolts