Agricultural Field Posts
End Posts & Interior Supports for Orchards, Vineyards and Shade Structures
System features include:
- Greater strength (80,000 PSI minimum yield) at load bearing points than other posts, especially wood.
- High-tensile strength (140,000 PSI minimum) allows more weight to be distributed per post, requiring fewer supports per acre.
- Easily installation. Using a conventional power post driver, they can be driven in place in approximately 30-40 seconds even in the harshest soil conditions. That’s less than one-fourth the time required for a comparable pine post.
- No drilling or backfilling necessary.
- Will not rot or carry disease.
- Added economy of holes running the length of the posts. Side pieces of U-channel or other steel components are easily bolted to the support posts.
AGRICULTURAL FIELD POSTS
|RIB-BAK Capacity||Maximum Load*|
|2 lb.||400 lbs.|
|3 lb.||1,120 lbs.|
|4 lb.||1,500 lbs.|
*Tests conducted at UC Davis Research Facility at Oakville, CA. Posts driven to a depth of 36” in compacted soil and hardpan. Pull tests conducted by attaching a chain to the test sample while concurrently connecting a chain to a deadman on the opposite end. A “come-a-long” provided pull and a crane scale measured load capacity in pounds at midpoint.